I’m teaching “Creating Your Online Presence” at Pacific New Media, June 11th
Is your small business online? According to Google, 97% of consumers use the web to search for local businesses. If your customers are there, you should be too.
- SEO (Seach Engine Optimization)
- Social Media
In my upcoming class at Pacific New Media, I’ll show you how to effectively create these three components without breaking the bank. My 10 specific things I will discuss in class include:
- You should be using WordPress to build your responsive, seo-optimized website.
- You can set up an online store in no time, but that doesn’t mean people will buy things (you have to motivate them too-we’ll talk about that).
- What key items your customers are always looking for on your site
- How to convey your awesomeness by developing your onliness statment (this is my favorite part)
- The importance of images and visuals, including the power of good photos & how you can use free or cheap sites you can use to create those visuals).
- How SEO works and how social media can help beef up your rankings
- What social media platforms your target market is on and how can you engage with them.
- How Facebook has pulled the “drug dealer” trick (as I like to say) and how you must “pay to play” for your followers to see your posts.
- How using social media isn’t about making sales, it’s about engagement
- Now that you have a robust online presence, how do you maintain it and what’s the next step?
I’m stoked if I still have your attention – You should sign up for my class :). Of course, online registration isn’t yet live, but here are the details:
Creating an Online Presence
Pacific New Media
Sat, June 11th, 9am-12noon
UH Manoa Campus (room TBD)
Want to know more? Contact me.
Image credit: University of Edinburgh